Monday, May 09, 2005

A Visit to B-Town- Ashley

After visiting my hometown and showing the crew around Boise, Idaho for the weekend, I realized I definitely take for granted what recreational activities (which I love!!!) I always have available to me 24/7. I have grown up with the outdoors, its like a second nature (no pun intended) to me (camping, hiking, mountain bike riding, skiing, rafting…..all of the above, I do it!). In a drive of a matter of minutes I am able to be at our local ski resort and tear it up on the mountain or hope on my bike and hit the trails in the foot hills behind my house. So I took the crew to one of our many natural hotsprings that was right outside of Boise. On the drive up there, they were telling me how lucky I was that I basically had this environment in back yard my whole life, and I really didn’t think about it until I saw how enthusiastic they were about it all. It just made me appreciate home even more.



I was so happy to see my friends and family this weekend. I missed them so much. I am very close to my mother and grandmother so it was good to see them also. During the stay, my mom took us out to dinner and made us a wonderful brunch. We had a great time. I was so glad the crew got to meet my mom. She is an amazing woman. She is like my best friend, the best mom ever, my mentor, and my hero all rolled up into one. In our household growing up, it was just my mother and I. Unlike some other parents of mixed children or multi-racial families, my mother and I talked about race, it wasn’t a hush-hush subject. She showed me the importance of diversity in our society and to celebrate it. My mom introduced me to all my cultures growing up (Irish/Swiss/African-American) and taught me to be proud of who I am. This abled me to be able to choose how ever I wanted to identify growing up and who I wanted to be. Since the options were available for me, at a very young age I started chose to identify with all of my heritages, and be proud of them all. So for that, I thank you Mom (love you:)).

1 Comments:

Blogger 122272 said...

Interesting blog you have here, I landed here on accident. I was searcing for something else and came across your site. I found it pretty interesting and entertaining. I got you book marked.

I will pop back in from time to time to see what you have new here.

My site is a bit different than yours, but just as entertaining and educational, I run a penis enlargement reviews related site pertaining to penis enlargement reviews related articles.

October 06, 2005 6:12 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home