Monday, May 02, 2005

Pittsburgh Kid - Aaron



Friday we spent the day in Pittsburgh. Finally I had to drive on roads that I was already familiar with. The crew got a chance to meet the characters that make up my family. We went to dinner at Bocca with my mom , dad, and cousin Brian. After dinner I took my cousin and I took Jamie out with us to hang out with some of my boys, and treated him to the view on Mount Washington.

Being at home was just what I needed after a stressful week. I got to see my parents and sister and sleep in my own bed. I realized when at home that this trip is going to be over soon. The next three days in a row we have events. After that its all open road until we return to Seattle. I feel mixed sentiments about going back. I have no idea how I will readjust to the civilian world.

One thing that I have gained from this tour is a growing interest in civil rights. I plan on at least attempting to create a mixed race/ crossing cultures group at West Virginia University when I get back, as well as joining some of the African-American groups as well. Better late than never I guess.

3 Comments:

Blogger Generation MIX said...

hey whats up. this is aaron. i just want to apologize for looking so uninterested in my family pic. they caught me off gaurd. man do i look rediculous

May 04, 2005 7:02 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No need to apologize. Just keep up the good work. The crew should of rock the burgh, cause Pittsburgh needs it. WE would like to take this time to say that Pittsburgh is so very proud of the crew, and also one of our own.

May 05, 2005 5:44 AM

 
Blogger Blog World said...

i was just browsing through the blog world searching for the keyword posters and it brought me to your site. You have a great site however it is not exactly what i was looking for. Good luck on your site.

November 19, 2005 11:02 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home