Saturday, May 21, 2005

No Goodbyes...Just, I'll See Ya Later - Ashley



Well, back in normal everyday civilization for three days now, wierd. I already miss my crew members a ton. In fact as I was boarding the plane on Wednesday and took my seat next to the smelly man seated next to me, I tried calling Geetha to say one last goodbye. Being with these four other wonderful people everyday for two months straight can make you get attached.

Already I can see the changes in what this tour has done for me. I am definitely more comfortable speaking about the multi-racial experience and issues to other people. I am more confident in myself in that aspect about speaking with others, but also just in myself in general. I feel I have grown a lot as a person. I have learnt so much from the people I have met along the way, the places I have been, the MAVIN Foundation, my fellow crew members, and the experiences I had on this tour. I wouldn't have changed my decision to be a part of this tour for anything.

Some people would be skeptical on the fact if we made an impact or not for the greater public. I would respond to that saying, I think we did make an impact as small as it may be, I sincerely believe that we did our best and I know that we did impact others, and not just that but this tour made people think about the mixed race experience in general when they probably never would have thought about it before. I mean, thats how big things are started, right?, by the little things that set them off? So, therefore I am very proud to be apart of this experience and wouldn't have changed it for anything.

What I am excited to see is, is what happens with the five of us in the future. Will things change as far the multi-racial experience goes? What will each of us be doing? Will we still be envolved with or even as enthusiastic about the multi-racial movement as we are now? Who knows, but I can't wait to see.

So this is not a goodbye, but more like, I'll see ya later. I'll see ya later Mad Max, thanks for all the good times and the bad, for trucking all that way with only a few break downs. I'll see ya later MAVIN Foundation, thank you so much for what you have done for us, without you this wouldn't have been possible. I seriously appreciate all the hard work you guys did...being on call for us 24/7, making it possible to meet Barrack Obama, etc. My heartfelt thanks! I'll see ya later to all those amazing people we met along the way. And of course, I'll see ya later Jamie-whos hunger never seems to end:); Geetha-our forever long laughter sessions with each other; Charlie-your impeccable taste in fashion, decor, and music; and Aaron- whos dance moves I will carry with me and pass on to others so that they will live forever. I'll see ya later.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mulattoamerica.com opean for mulattains

January 01, 2006 12:02 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello iam jarvis a mulatto male iam the owner of mulattoamerica.com its
a myspace.com style site.
i would like it if you and your friends join mulattoamerica.com community

January 19, 2006 2:06 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home