Wednesday, May 04, 2005

DePaul University



Thanks to the wonderful help of Josh Singh and his crew of volunteers, the Generation MIX crew took Chicago by storm. Since our activity fair was located in the student center of the university, we were able to get a lot of foot traffic from people already involved with the host organization and from curious onlookers.



It is interesting to note that there aren't any student groups at DePaul that focus on multiracial students, and yet there is still a huge amount of support coming from the student body.



We also had the highest number of bone marrow donors out of any pit stop so far, and that has been quite the morale booster. We have one more bone marrow drive to go, in Seattle. Can Seattlites beat this record?

3 Comments:

Anonymous April said...

You guys rock! I love your site and your mission. I am biracial (black and white) and I am also in a interracial relationship with my husband Kris, who is white.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!

May 05, 2005 1:49 AM

 
Anonymous Arana said...

I was very pleased with the presentation at DePaul. I think that everyone who stopped by the tables, checked out all of the information about MAVIN and the Gen Mix tour, and sat through the presentation were very receptive to you all. I'm proud to support you all, and I think this was a very innovative and a great project.

Congratulations on a job well done!

Arana

May 08, 2005 11:40 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

I was just looking around the net for web sites related to relationship article and came across your blog. I was going to add a blog to my site, for relationship article and of course other related material, but I'm not sure if it would work.
I'm a bit worried about getting un-wanted 'rude' posts rather than ones related to relationship article on my site...... perhaps I just try it out - then you can come and post on it :)

Take care
Stewart

October 21, 2005 10:42 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home