Friday, April 29, 2005

Wham Bam - Charles



Between driving from Boston to DC, from Philadelphia to New York, New Haven to wherever, the days are rapidly starting to blur with one another. This morning as we were on the George Washington Bridge I am staring at the Manhattan skyline thinking that I've seen it before, when in fact I was just there the prior morning. I'm not really sure what day it is today - is it Friday already? I can't tell.

While I may not know exactly what day it is or what city we're in, one thing's for certain: I am very much enjoying this wonderful opportunity, educating others and sharing personal stories, hopefully changing people's views on race in that it's much more diverse, complex, and beautiful than just a black/white binary. Although the keynote speeches and discussions have been very productive, I am more enjoying the one-on-one conversations with everyone. Just taking the time to listen in-depth to people's stories is very inspiring to me, and I cannot express my thanks and gratitude enough to all the wonderful people who took the time to come to our events. Thank you!

It feels funny that this trip will soon be at an end. We have something like a week left on the Tour, I think, and it will be weird saying goodbye to my fellow crew members. For the past six weeks we've been eating, working, sleeping, and driving together, and I consider it a real miracle that we didn't get at each other's throats (yet). We've gotten pretty close in those weeks (I hope), and life after the Generation MIX Tour will be pretty surreal in the following weeks because they're not going to be around...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Today's Tuesday ;-)

May 03, 2005 7:01 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home