Saturday, April 02, 2005

One Full Day Left!!! - Ashley

So today and tomorrow are the last days we have for preparation. We are super excited but running around like crazy trying to get everything ready before Monday and our big send off on Tuesday. I'm a little nervous about it all but much more relaxed then I was in the begining. It just hit me this morning that we will be traveling 8,000 miles, together, in an RV, for 5 weeks, creating a national dialogue on behalf of all multi-racial/multi-ethnic people!!!!! It's going to be great! I'm very optimistic, so thinking positive always makes me feel better about the situation. So now I'm just feeling excited! Plus the RV looks great! And as you can see we are defenitely not going to go unnoticed:)

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck out there, babe.

April 04, 2005 8:39 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey.. i was just wondering what percentage of African american you are? Inquiring minds would like to know!!!!

April 05, 2005 2:37 PM

 
Blogger Generation MIX said...

Hi Anonymous,

My father is African American and my mother is Caucasian American.

-Ashley :)

April 05, 2005 11:18 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ashley,

Have you ever been mistaken for full Caucasian? and if so, how did that make ou feel?

April 06, 2005 3:57 PM

 
Blogger Generation MIX said...

Hello,
Yes, usually people do think that I am white, although most people can tell I've got something in me:) By people assuming I only fit into the one racial category (white), it makes me feel like I can't identify the way I want to. I think that some people think there is a definition of what a mixed person or even a black person, should look like and basically I am challenging that definition. I know that there are many others that feel the same way and I feel that I am advocating for a change in that area. I also know who I am and I am very proud of my multi-racial heritage.
Thank you for your question,

-Ashley

April 07, 2005 11:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Asley you are a beautiful human being, that's doing a wonderful thing. You and the rest of the crew member keep up the good work, and keep spreading the word.

April 08, 2005 11:27 AM

 
Blogger 122272 said...

Hey, I was searching blogs, and came onto yours, and I like it. I kinda landed here on accident while searching for something esle, but nice blog.. I got you bookmarked.

If you got time , go visit my site, it´s about penis enlargement reviews. It pretty much covers penis enlargement reviews and other similar topics available.

October 06, 2005 6:10 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home