Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Aaron Captain Log - April 6, 2005



Portland was pretty rough. Two words, poop-cheeks. Not many people showed up. A couple families that somehow heard about it came, but that's it. I don't know what happened, I guess we didn't get much promotion or whatever there. Sue from the Asian American Donor Program flew all the way to Portland from San Francisco to help with the Bone Marrow Project. We had no volunteers so it was basically Geetha and I passing out pamphlets for 2 1/2 hours with Charlie giving us a little help. I felt bad because since we didn't get there until 3, I didn't have much time to pamphlet the campus for marrow donations. I only got eight people to sign, and they usually aim for 25-100.

The place where we were handing out flyers had a giant Mediterranean Restaurant and the smell of curry and babaganoush permeated everything, and I was hungry the entire time.

Trying to stay on a positive note, I'm looking forward to traveling on to San Francisco early tomorrow morning. California is just one more state that I've never been to, and I look forward to being there. We're almost done with our west side leg of our trip, next month we'll be going through desert in the southwest.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww! No worries- this just means that things will only get better! I'm sure that SF and LA will be amazing! ::marinda::

April 06, 2005 12:53 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You and the rest of the crew just keep on keeping on. The world will be a better place because of your message!

April 08, 2005 11:32 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home