Saturday, March 26, 2005

Introductions - Charles



Hello, everyone!

Please allow me to introduce myself. My name is Charles and I am one of five people selected by the MAVIN Foundation to embark on the Generation MIX National Awareness Tour. I was born and raised in the city of Seattle, a city known for its coffee drinkers and its perpetual rainy weather.

A part of my responsibility on the Tour is being in charge of this weblog, a record of our journey as we trek across the nation in a 26 foot RV. Expect to see many photographs, observations, and reflections of the many wonderful places we visit on this trip. I am personally excited to try new cuisines and get a feel for the local art and design communities around the nation.

We are currently a week into the Training Period. Since last Monday our lives have picked up in pace considerably; we have been attending sessions for public speaking, documentary filmmaking, public relations, and multiracial issues from some of the greatest minds in their respective fields. It has, for me at least, been an emotionally and intellectually taxing yet rewarding experience. I am still trying to process all the information that we have been taught this past week. With one more week to go before our kick-off presentation, I am anxious and excited as to how the rest of our Training Period will help us. While I feel that there is still so much more to learn, I am confident that the five of us will all be more than prepared once April 4th arrives.

Okay, I'm going to get back to my reading. I'm going to bug the other guys to get started writing their thoughts on this blog. Thanks for reading! I'm sure you'll be hearing lots more once the Tour gets underway. Get ready for five weeks of social justice in action.

--Charles

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home